Monday, August 25, 2008

名古屋一個窿: a rainy day in 函館

still away from home... so english version only.

I have spent about 1 week in 函館. Locals also said weather is getting weird this year. A few days ago the temperature in morning hits 13 degree celcius. Hokkaido is cold in winter but winter does come that early. And, after tolerating consistently 35 degree celcius + temperature in 名古屋, i have been really looking for to cool weather but not a cold one, that soon. I only brought along some summer clothes and that's why, if u have a chance to see my photo later on, we will see me dress in kind of funny way sometimes.



Normally it's sunny around this time of the year, but it's been raining here since the day we arrived and keep on cloudy until that day the group of home-stay student leave... (meaning 10 cloudy/rainy day. luckily i extended my stay for 2 days). Most of us won't have a chance to see the beautiful European style building in 函館山area under bright sun light...


So, other than home-stay, i did my first exploration of the city in the rain in this city. The very beginning was fine. And, i found a interesting monument in front of the station

then, here comes the funny part.


Wind grew strong as if it was typhoon signal no.3 in HK. I was using umbrella from my host-family. Given that I saw many people of their umbrella tore/broke by strong wind, i gave up using umbrella (as many people did). Lucky rain was not too strong only the outer clothes got wet... and instead of enjoy the city, I was playing hide-and-seek with the strong wind, hopping between various building in the bay area.


this was how visible of a mountain nearby...

As usual, been trying to enjoy it. The area sounds a bit like the warehouse in Yokohama, with fancy restaurant, shops and of course souvenirs of Hokkaido. Again, nice to be there again in a sunny day...

The good thing is, I have been enjoying the stay here in this family a lot, which possibly gotta wait until i am back...(in Nagoya)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

我三四月去台灣也落雹啊!! 雨加霧,整個人也浸在水裏似的~~
還未開學嗎? 做學生真好~~

Anonymous said...

so great to see new update from so-b. enjoy the rainy days.